Twiga Foods is Rebuilding Africa’s Food Markets
- We believe food is too expensive, and producers aren’t getting enough of the cut. And, it’s our job to fix it.
- We don’t hire just anyone. We’re a team with our heads down building a great company. We look for resilient, disciplined, high-energy, team members with a bias towards action.
- We’re a company who deeply care for one another, with low staff churn, where we pressure each other to grow into our collective objectives. We believe strongly in sharing in our success, and helping each other develop.
We’re looking for a qualified Warehouse Manager to come and help engage our suppliers within the Twiga platform to provide consistent, planned, supply of quality products.
The right candidate will be target oriented, and bring a true operational and enterprise building mind-set. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to join a supply-chain production team in solving the problem of getting good quality product to Kenyan markets.
Twiga is recruiting a warehouse manager to ensure the smooth running of warehouse processes by handling the receiving, warehousing and distribution operations.
Reporting to the COO, the tasks will include:
- Maintaining warehousing, and distributing operations by planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt, order, assembly and dispatch of goods
- Safeguarding warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
- Controlling inventory levels by conducting physical counts; and reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintaining the physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Achieving financial objectives by preparing an regular budgets
- Maintaining warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and overseeing daily operations
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and food are stored safely
- A bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role within the FMCG industry
- Excellent organization & time management skills
- Excellent numeracy skills and an understanding of finance
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse
- Familiar with warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Strong leadership and ability manage diverse staff
To apply, please send you to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Warehouse Manager” as the subject