Twiga Foods is Rebuilding Africa’s Food Markets
- We believe food is too expensive, and producers aren’t getting enough of the cut. And, it’s our job to fix it.
- We don’t hire just anyone. We’re a team with our heads down building a great company. We look for
resilient, disciplined, high-energy, team members with a bias towards action.
- We’re a company who deeply care for one another, with low staff churn, where we pressure each other to grow into our collective objectives. We believe strongly in sharing in our success, and helping each other develop.
We’re looking for a qualified Sourcing Project Manager to come and help engage our suppliers within the Twiga platform to provide consistent, planned, supply of quality products.
The right candidate will be target oriented, and bring a true operational and enterprise building mind-set. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to join a passionate production team in solving the problem of reliable markets for thousands of farmers in Kenya.
Twiga is growing our supply portfolio and we’re recruiting a highly motivated, detail oriented team player to serve as a Sourcing Project Manager within the Sourcing team in bringing new products to market, launching new collection centers, and setting up systems and processes that work for staff and farmers.
Reporting to the COO, the tasks will include:
- Overseeing the planning, managing & growing of the company’s supply portfolio in a transparent and scalable fashion.
- Visiting agricultural production areas to determine where Twiga should grow it’s sourcing base, having preliminary discussion with farmers and farmer groups on the Twiga model and plugging them in.
- Develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company to strategically develop, implement and optimize sourcing processes.
- Handling the human resource arm of the sourcing team by recruiting, orienting, training employees & overseeing daily operations
- Developing and managing the budget to facilitate Twiga’s short term & long- term sourcing growth plan
- Determining and managing the deployment of assets within the sourcing team
- Understanding the Twiga’s business requirements and how they can be incorporated into a strategic sourcing contracts
- A bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or business administration
- At least 5 years’ experience as a project manager within the FMCG industry
- Experience building partnerships & managing stakeholders
- Excellent organization & time management skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability manage diverse staff
- An understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage multiple end-to- end project lifecycles
- Strong project management and relationship-building skills
To apply, please send you to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sourcing Project Manager” as the subject