Twiga Foods has received grant funding and requires a Grants Officer to oversee the tasks required to handle the money, reporting, and program implementation in a way that meets generally accepted standards as well as the requirements of the funding source.
S/he will ideally have the ability to undertake grant research, proposal writing, grant program design and implementation, compliance, grant reporting & managing relationships with grantors
Reporting to the CFO, tasks include:
- Ensure compliance with the rules and regulations administered by the grantor.
- Oversee special audits conducted by grantor.
- Oversee the preparation and timely submission of grant applications, application amendments, and budget transfers
- Research on opportunities available to attract grants for Twiga
- Perform functions of financial administration and reporting to include, but not limited to: proposal writing, preparation and timely submission of grant applications and reports, development and adjustment of associated budgets, coordination of budgeted funds, screening and processing requests for expenditures and ensuring the timely application for reimbursement from the state.
- Serve as a liaison with principals and other departments on issues regarding grants.
- Monitor interventions and programs funded by grants to ensure compliance with grantor guidelines.
- Assign certain grants and/or related responsibilities to individual budget analysts and coordinate their activities related to the grants assigned.
- Assist in evaluating the fiscal administration of grant programs.
- Being the grantors contact within Twiga, & managing the relationship between the grantor and Twiga
- Provide detailed reports to the Funders, Board of Directors and Senior Management with respect to the Company’s progress
- Assist in preparation and implementation of the budget and budget analysis.
- Holder of a finance/ accounting bachelor’s degree from a recognized and reputable institution minimum of four (4) years’ prior experience managing a grant portfolio.
- Certifications from recognized institutes with specialized courses in grants management.
- Demonstrated experience in grants application and successful contracting of the same.
- Experienced monitoring & managing grant funded projects from start to finish
- Fully conversant with the reporting requirements for USAID, DFID, WorldBank
- Hands on experience in project writing
- Excellent project management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative projects.
- Conversant with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Posses excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Posses excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting.
- A multi-tasker with strong ability to work under pressure
To apply, please send your CV to [info] [at] [twigafoods.com], with “Grants Officer” on the subject Line