Twiga Foods is looking to hire Collection Center supervisors who will be responsible for ensuring that sufficient produce is purchased from farmers is of high quality, supplying produce at the most competitive price, and supporting the development and maintenance of a farmer-focused culture within Twiga.
The right candidate should be self-driven, passionate, hardworking, business savvy with a demonstrable entrepreneurial talent, results-oriented, a willingness to adapt to different working conditions and areas of working & excited about working in a variable or commission based compensation structure.
- Continuously review quality control processes, procedures and capabilities to sustain the most cost-effective and efficient methods for meeting quality requirements, and making recommendation for improvement as appropriate
- People management- managing and directing a team of skilled and semi-skilled employees;
- Performance management
- Relevant and effective inductions
- Identification of training needs
- Monitoring and reporting on processes, notifying any predicted shortfall or discrepancies against timescale and budgets.
Reporting to the Area Manager, your tasks will be:
- Planning, supervising and controlling farmer acquisition and retention
- Coordinating farm visits with Field Officers to inspect produce
- Managing purchase orders to farmers/suppliers
- Monitoring and coordinating harvest teams in conjunction with the Area Manager
- Managing quality control in all processes in conjunction with the Grading Supervisor
- Providing comprehensive communication to underpin effective working relationships
- Selecting and assigning staff, ensuring equal employment opportunity in hiring and promotion
- Coordinating activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of Field Officers, the grading supervisor and casual workers.
- Scheduling produce delivery to the Central Fulfillment Center
- Driving compliance on set standard operating procedures
- Managing costs associated with produce acquisitions
- Ensuring field equipment is constantly functional and secure
- Evaluating and verify employee performance through the review of completed work
- Identifying staff development and training needs and ensures that training is obtained.
- Ensuring proper labor relations and conditions of employment are maintained.
- Maintaining quality records, prepare reports, and compose correspondence relative to the
- In liaison with the Business Development Unit, offering input and insight on product profiles and quality standards
- Carrying out, as instructed, any task as deemed reasonable by the HOD
Key Skills and competencies
- Competent and experienced driver (Motorcycle/Pickup)
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Technology
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills with an ability to build relationships and relate to people in an open, friendly and accepting manner
- Good leadership and people management skills
- Passionate with a drive to empower others and assess the strengths and development needs of employees and set high standards of performance
- Good organizational & planning skills (short term & long term)
- An eye for detail, emphasizing the need to deliver quality products/services
- Good decision-making skills
- A diploma in business management, entrepreneurship, or any other related field
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- At least 1-year experience in business development
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com with Collection Center Supervisor as the Subject