Twiga Foods is Rebuilding Africa’s Food Markets
- We believe food is too expensive, and producers aren’t getting enough of the cut. And, it’s our job to fix it.
- We don’t hire just anyone. We’re a team with our heads down building a great company. We look for resilient, disciplined, high-energy, team members with a bias towards action.
- We’re a company who deeply care for one another, with low staff churn, where we pressure each other to grow into our collective objectives. We believe strongly in sharing in our success, and helping each other develop.
We’re looking for a qualified Area Manager to manage a team of skilled and semi-skilled personnel all through a successful harvest program and manage farmer/supplier acquisition, retention and growth. The right candidate will be passionate, target oriented with an enterprise building mind-set. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to join a passionate and diverse sourcing team in solving the problem of reliable markets for thousands of farmers in Kenya.
Reporting to the GM, your tasks will include:
- Managing farmer acquisition, retention and growth by
- Managing the harvest calendar by scheduling harvests across the collection centers, ensuring the staff are on time and notifying them of schedule changes and targets, & managing efficient harvest and dispatch processes in harvest for your team
- Managing efficiency, speed and quality of throughput per collection center
- In liaison with the Quality Assurance Manager, monitoring and ensuring that the produce acquired during each harvest program is of good quality
- Maintaining and enforcing policies and procedures, & ensuring regulatory compliance across all collection centers
- Running, supervising, and assigning tasks to scouts
- Seeking out the latest information on harvest related issues and help keep team members informed of new trends and techniques
- A bachelor’s degree in Sales & Marketing, Agribusiness, Business Administration or any other related field
- A valid Driving license (BCE) and at least 1-year driving experience
- At least 3 years’ sales experience within the FMCG industry
- Experience building partnerships with farmers/ suppliers & managing a diverse team
- Competent and experienced driver (Pickup)
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Technology
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization & time management skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability manage diverse staff
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
This opportunity is only available for residents of Meru, Kirinyaga, Taveta or Bomet; OR candidates willing to relocate. To apply, please send your CV, plus a clear copy of your Driving License (BCE) to email@example.com with Area Manager plus your desired location of employment. (i.e. Area Manager Bomet for residents of Bomet) as the subject.