Twiga Foods is Rebuilding Africa’s Food Markets
- We believe food is too expensive, and producers aren’t getting enough of the cut. And, it’s our job to fix it.
- We don’t hire just anyone. We’re a team with our heads down building a great company. We look for resilient, disciplined, high-energy, team members with a bias towards action.
- We’re a company who deeply care for one another, with low staff churn, where we pressure each other to grow into our collective objectives. We believe strongly in sharing in our success, and helping each other develop.
We’re looking for a qualified Supply Chain Manager to come and help engage our suppliers within the Twiga platform to provide consistent, planned, supply of quality products.
The right candidate will be target oriented, and bring a true operational and enterprise building mind-set. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to join a passionate production team in solving the problem of reliable markets for thousands of farmers in Kenya.
Twiga is looking for a supply chain manager, with FMCG experience who will be responsible for the overall supply chain management. This includes planning, warehousing, and distribution oversite, team management, and logistics management. A Key success point in this role is adapting technology to allow systems to run with ease and accountability.
Reporting to the COO, the tasks will include:
- Optimizing and coordinating full order cycle to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives
- Collaborating with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or
processes, such as sales and finance
- Keeping track of Twiga’s supply chain-quality, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Monitoring and assessing the performance of your team
- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
- Complying with laws, regulations and standardized requirements such as Kenya GAP, Global GAP, Pest Control and Produce Board Certifications, KEPHIS Food Handling Standards as well as ISO
- Ability to think out of the box and a willingness to get your hands dirty
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, time management and organisational skills
- Excellent forecasting skills & Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people
To apply, please send you to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Supply Chain Manager” as the subject